Benjamin Fontaine joined the Paris office in 1999 and has been an Intellectual Property Attorney and a Spanish-qualified lawyer in our Alicante office since 2003. He has a broad range of experience in trade marks and related matters. He guides clients from the early consultation stages, to consolidation of rights and through disputes in France, Spain and EUIPO. He has many years of experience in EU proceedings and disputes and has particular expertise in cosmetics, alcoholic beverages, geographical indications and domain name cybersquatting. He regularly advises the firm’s international clients.
He intervenes and publishes frequently, in particular in the field of geographical indications and the EU trade mark system. He was the chair of the geographical indications committee of ECTA during six years. He is currently the chair of the EUIPO-Link committee of this association. He was also an auditor of the quality of the decisions of the EUIPO, on behalf of ECTA, for several years.
He also acts as a panelist of the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center to settle UDRP disputes
Benjamin coordinates the Trademarks & Litigation practice of the Alicante office. He became a Partner in 2014.
- French, Spanish, EU trade mark law
- geographical indications
- competition law, copyright law, design law, French, Spanish and EU litigation
- French Intellectual Property Attorney (Trade marks, Designs)
- European Trade Mark Attorney
- Member of the French Patent and Trademark Attorneys Institute (CNCPI) and the European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- Attorney, Alicante Bar
- WIPO domain name panelist
- IRCA certified ISO 9001:2015 lead auditor, for quality management systems