Our staff share the same values: a willingness to engage with clients, to establish relationship based on trust and a commitment to excellence. EGYP encourages intra-team dynamism and growth by giving individual members responsibility for their own projects and objectives.
Specialist fields : Trademark law, competition law, copyright law, trademark, design and model law, consolidation of rights, French and EU disputes, geographical indications, designations of origin
Tél : +34 965 230 611
- Law Degree, University of Orléans(1997)
- Postgraduate degree in Intellectual Property, University of Alicante (1998)
- Law course, University of Alicante (2004)
- French Intellectual Property Attorney (Trademarks, Designs and Models)
- European Trademark Attorney
- Member of the French Patent and Trademark Attorneys Institute (CNCPI), the International Trademark Association (INTA) and the European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- Attorney, Alicante Bar
- IRCA certified ISO 9001:2015 lead auditor, for quality management systems
Benjamin Fontaine joined the Paris office in 1999 and has been an Intellectual Property Attorney and a Spanish-qualified lawyer in our Alicante office since 2003. He has a broad range of experience in trademarks and related matters. He guides clients from the early consultation stages, to consolidation of rights and through disputes in France, Spain and EUIPO. He has many years of experience in EU proceedings and disputes and has particular expertise in cosmetics, alcoholic beverages, appellations of origin and domain name piracy. He regularly advises the firm’s international clients.
He is a frequent contributor to specialist legal journals, in particular the EU trade mark system. In 2010, he published a book entitled “Geographical indications and the Community trademark system”, which is available from EGYP in English and in French. For the past ten years, he has lectured to post-graduate students in both Bordeaux and Alicante and regularly attends international conferences.
Benjamin oversees the running of the Alicante office’s trademark and disputes practice. He has been a Partner since June 2014.